Get a Lower Cost Airline Ticket Tips
How to Book an Airline Tickets at a Lower Cost?
Nowadays many online ticket booking platforms are available on the internet to book flight tickets on your own. It is faster and cheaper to book the tickets using the online flight booking agencies as they have adopted Global Meta Search Engines which can compare multiple ticket fares of different airlines and show which airlines offer the cheapest rates, especially Sky Scanner, Expedia & Make My Trip
At the same time, you can check the prices of different airlines for different dates, different flight timings and specified passenger facilities. Thus, it’s the best way is to book your own ticket by sitting at your home rather than paying to some ticketing agency.
If you are interested in traveling on a specific airline, you can straightway book the airlines ticket from that particular Airline’s website. But sometimes the airfare mentioned on the airline’s website can be higher than the rate mentioned in an online ticket booking agent’s system.
How to search a flight?
After selecting a date, you are required to provide answers to some of the basic questions as follows:
- Are you looking for One Way or Round Trip?
- Number of Adults and Children
- Are you looking for a Non-Stop flight or Transit flights?
Once you provide the above details, the available flights on the specific date will appear in search results.
There you will be able to check the price of the Flight, Flight Departure Time, Duration, Luggage allowance and other Facilities included such as Meals, In-Flight Entertainment Etc.
How to book your flight ticket?
When you select the best flight which suits your budget and travel date, you can proceed to book the ticket by filling the online form. Generally, Passengers Full Name, Passport number, Email Address need to be mentioned to submit the form.
If you’re booking the flight ticket on behalf of someone else, you need to provide your name and email address as well. After you enter the payment details (Debit Card/Master Card/Visa Card) and submit it, you’ll receive a confirmation email with booking reference number. Few minutes after your booking, you will receive a copy of your flight ticket with the flight itinerary.
For Your Information
- On the travel date, take a print out of the e-ticket and go to the airport at least 3 hours before the flight departure time
- Some airlines request you to bring a copy of the Credit card (front side) that was used to pay for the flight ticket during the time of the booking
- Make sure that the weight of your luggage should not exceed the permitted weight (Kg) allowed
- For some airlines you will need to update the “Ok to Board Message” of the passenger 24 – 48 hours before the flight time otherwise, you may not be allowed to board into the airline without the “Ok to Board”
- When you use the search sites for the booking, make sure to add all the passenger’s information
- Try to fill the online form quickly without taking much longer as the page can be timed-out when you take more time to fill it
- Some budget airlines will have limited luggage allowance, where you can pay extra and take more weight along with you