Taking Pets to Dubai
Some travelers and residents to Dubai are pet lovers. So the frequently asked question is whether can we travel with our pets or move them to Dubai. The answer is YES as Dubai welcomes all your needs. For this to happen there are a few mandatory guidelines which need to be adhered to make sure your pet is always safe while you will not have any hassle in your travel journey and can enjoy your stay in Dubai.
There is no quarantine period in Dubai when bringing your pet. There are enough and more kennel options and Vet doctors to serve you in Dubai.
If the pet is in the last Third of pregnancy then it will not be allowed to travel
- Birds are currently banned in entering into UAE
- American Bully
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Any breed of Mastiff
- Brazilian Fighting Dog (Fila Brasileino, Brazilian Mastiff)
- Canario Presa and Boxer
- Argentinian Fighting Dog (Dogo Argentino, Argentinian Mastiff)
- Doberman Pinschers
- Japanese Tosa (Tosa Inu, Tosa Fighting Dog, Japanese Tosa)
- Pit Bull Terrier or American Pit Bull Terrier
- Rottweilers breed or hybrid
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Wolf Dog Hybrid (any dog mixed with a wolf)
- The above are strictly not allowed in entering the country no matter may it be their breeds or their hybrids, their crosses or their hybrids
A Passport for your Pet
Obtain a travel passport or travel document for your pet from your country
All pets must be fitted with a microchip device which should meet ISO manufacturing standards 11784 and 11785. The details need to be written in the vaccination card of the pet.
- Medical history of your pet
- Detailed information of vaccinations
- A medical checkup certified by your Vet and the Health ministry or relevant Ministry of your country.
- Rabies Vaccine is mandatory for cats and dogs.
Applying for an Import Permit
- You must apply for an import permit from the UAE Ministry of Climate Change and Environment or Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries or within 30 days of your trip.
- The permit can be applied via http://www.moccae.gov.ae/en/our-services.aspx
- Cost – AED 200 per permit per pet
- Authorities will not issue import papers more for than one month in advance
- In case if your pet is a turtle or parrot and not a dog or a cat, then you should get verified to know that it is not protected under the CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora). In this scenario an additional permit needs to be applied.
Air Transporting Your Pet
The pet cannot travel in passenger cabin by any means
Seek Airline assistance in advance and make sure your pet is transported by air in an IATA approved cage
All necessary water and food needs to be arranged by you as per the travelling airline requirements
Immigration Clearance in the Dubai Airport
- One person can carry maximum of only 2 pets in cages
- The inspection process may take several hours thus we recommend you to seek any UAE agent while applying who can provide you help and assistance in doing a quick clearance in the immigration.
Pet Laws in Dubai
- Dubai accommodates and loves pets but at the same time is very strict that there is no harm or disturbance from your pet to others in means of general public and public properties.
- Pets are strictly not allowed in beaches, parks, malls and public transport.
- While in public it’s mandatory to be kept on leashes for safety purposes.
- Any pet refuse, disposes, public damages must be cleaned and taken responsible solely by you.
Make sure that your pet is visibly in good health and ready for a travel overseas. Thus I am sure my blog will act as a guide for you to travel with your pets for you to have a wonderful vacation in Dubai. Do not forget to click some memorable photographs with your pets in Dubai.