Private Abu Dhabi Cultural Tour with Emirati Lunch – By Local Emirati Guide
Observe the many aspects of Abu Dhabi’s past; from recreated exhibits to frozen neighborhoods that still boast past luxury. This tour will seal the deal with a delicious serving of warm Emirati cuisine.
Private Abu Dhabi Cultural Tour with Emirati Lunch will give you a good serving of Abu Dhabi’s history and a taste of the zesty flavors that make Emirati food a blessing to the palate. You will be picked up by a comfortable (A/C) vehicle and you will be meeting your local Emirati Guide at your Abu Dhabi Hotel or preferred location and then be transferred to Women’s Craft Center, which first stops in your tour.
Explore Women’s Craft Center which is a government-run organization demonstrating crafts that are traditional to Abu Dhabi. You can observe embroidery, basket-making, textile weaving, etc in action. You can even buy some souvenirs from the on-site shop or get a one-week lasting Henna Painting at the henna bar before you heading towards Heritage Village.
At the Heritage Village start the guided tour which makes you travel back in time to the pre-oil era when Abu Dhabi was a fishing village. Abu Dhabi Heritage Village is proof of traditional gulf life & recreated to the likes of an oasis settlement, visitors can admire recreations of a goat’s hair tent, a falaj irrigation system and so many others in the museum.
Watch craftsmen in action and women weaving or spinning. There are Mosque and Fort in the Heritage Village that was used to protect from invaders. At the end of the walking tour at the Heritage Village, you will be taken to an authentic Emirati restaurant called Al Asalah Heritage Restaurant where you can savor the variety of Emirati dishes.
Next item on your tour is Al Bateen Neighborhood. The neighborhood is peppered with old villas & modern villas that are inhabited by locals and government top professionals. Then stop by at Al Bateen beach, the spot where local Emiratis come to spend an exclusive time with their friends and enjoy the local tea called “Karak” tea. Apart from that, you can enjoy the unprecedented views and clean sea water. The serenity is calming and the beauty is mesmerizing. After Al Bateen Beach you will be heading towards your hotel for the drop-off
- A walking, talking and tasting discovery in Abu Dhabi
- Private Guided tour by Professional Licensed Emirati Tour Guide – Historian Guide
- Private transfer by a comfortable (A/C) vehicle
- Emirati Lunch at Al Asalah Heritage Restaurant
- Local Emirati sweets called “Luqaimat” at Women’s Craft Center
- Water and Soft Drinks
- Karak Tea at Al Bateen Beach
DepartureAny City Hotels, Malls or Private Residences in Abu Dhabi
Departure Time09:00 AM
Return Time05:00 PM
Dress CodeCasual Wear - Appropriate for Cultural Places
Hotel Pick Up and Meeting the Guide & Women’s Craft Center
- Hotel Pick up & Meeting the Guide at the hotel lobby @ 09:00 AM
- Women’s Craft Center Tour @ 09:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Witness women performing many crafts that are traditional to Abu Dhabi
- Shop at the on-site boutique or get a henna pattern at the henna bar
Heritage Village & Emirati Lunch
- 11:30 AM - 01:30 PM You will be taken to Heritage village for a walking tour with the guide
- Observe the recreated exhibits displaying activities and tools of ancient Abu Dhabi life.
- Watch the craftsmen at work
- 01:30 PM - 02:30 PM - Emirati Lunch
Al Bateen Neighbourhood
- By 03:00 PM - Visit Al Bateen Neighbourhood, admire old villas and modern villas
- By 03:30 PM - 04.30 PM - Visit Al Bateen Beach and Enjoy a Karak tea
Good to Know
- This tour only available from Sunday to Thursday
- The historian guide, Emirati Guide can run the tour in English and Arabic