Visit Abu Dhabi Women’s Handicraft Center
Let us bring you to the Abu Dhabi Women’s Handicraft Center for an interesting sightseeing tour of Bedouin women’s folk crafts. A friendly driver from Adventure Emirates team will pick you from your hotel or residence on you preferable time. Usually, the most suitable time for…
Let us bring you to the Abu Dhabi Women’s Handicraft Center for an interesting sightseeing tour of Bedouin women’s folk crafts. A friendly driver from Adventure Emirates team will pick you from your hotel or residence on you preferable time. Usually, the most suitable time for this tour is around 09:00 AM – 10:00 AM in the morning since the Women’s Handicraft Center is opened 8.00 am – 1.00 pm on every Sunday to Thursday.
Once you visit the Handicraft center, you can start with the small rooms where the local Bedouin ladies who wear traditional dresses, are actively involved in different crafts such as pottery, multi-color mat weaving, making baskets with woven dried palm leaves, silver thread needle sewing and embroidery work such as Saddu designs etc. Visit each room and enjoy the live demonstrations while listening to the explanations by the guide from the center. You can witness some traditional equipment and ancient crafting at next door museum.
While on the tour, you will be served with Crunchy Sweet Dumplings; a traditional sweet called Luqaimat, bunch of Dates and Arabic coffee. Don’t miss to get a henna tattoo in your hand or feet by a local henna designer at the venue. Furthermore, you can buy some traditional crafts, ornaments, and sweets at the on-spot boutiques to bring back home as souvenirs.
- Pick up and drop off from your residence or hotel on a private vehicle
- Entrance ticket
- Arabic Coffee
- Drinking Water
- Local sweet called “Luqaimat”
- Works Shops
- Food and Beverages
- DepartureAny Hotel or Mall in Abu Dhabi
- Departure TimeAny preferred time between 8.00 am- 10.30 am ( Woman's Handi-craft center opens from 8.00 am -1.00 pm Only)
- Return TimeAfter 4 hours tour
- Dress CodeWomen must wear loose long trousers or long skirts and long sleeves. Also cover your head with a scarf. No tight or transparent clothing is permitted to enter the premises. For men No shorts are allowed.