Yesterday Today Tomorrow Abu Dhabi – Full Day Private Guided Tour
The Yesterday Today Tomorrow Abu Dhabi – Full Day Private Guided Tour will surprise you with the rich past, colorful present and glowing future of Abu Dhabi. Sites like Heritage Village, corniche, etc will be covered.
The yesterday today tomorrow Abu Dhabi tour will let you experience the before and after of Abu Dhabi while being given a vision of what it might look like further down the road of development. Firstly, you will be picked up by your driver from your Abu Dhabi Hotel or any other specified location and driven to your first stop to experience the yesterday of Abu Dhabi. The Women’s Handicraft Center is run by the Abu Dhabi Women’s Association.
The Museum was initiated to showcase the many traditional crafts that ancient Emirati women did for boredom or to make a living. You can enter any of the workshops that demonstrate crafts like handmade souvenirs, Arabian oils, weaving, etc. You can purchase any of the made crafts that are displayed in the store before heading to your next stop, the Emirates Heritage Village.
As you step in through the gates of this sand-colored building, you will be transported centuries back to ancient Abu Dhabi, when oil was not discovered. Recreated to resemble a historic oasis village, aspects of the traditional way of desert life are exhibited. You can look at a campfire setting complete with coffee pots, a goats’ hair tent, and a Falaj irrigation system.
You can even take a peek at local craftsmen in action in any of the workshops demonstrating skills like pottery and metal work. Make sure to drop by the spice shop for some traditional souvenirs. After you have created an idea of what yesterday Abu Dhabi was, you will be taken to the present top attractions that are symbolic to the Emirate.
You will be taken to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, a structure that steals the breath of every traveler that walks through its archways and crosses its marbled lawns. The majestic minarets frame the 82 domes that are of varying size while the pearly-white marble glistens under the sun.
After viewing the world’s largest loomed carpet and the second largest chandelier in the world decorated with crystals, you will head to another palatial structure of Abu Dhabi, the Emirates Palace. You will be taken back by the superiority of Emirati Luxury, even the food served uses gold. Walk through the well-kept gardens and take a relaxing stroll across the Palace’s private stretch of beach.
For a final look at what Abu Dhabi is like today, you will visit the Abu Dhabi Corniche. A picturesque stretch of beach that is equipped with walkways, lawns for picnicking and play areas for kids while boasting a spectacular scene of the Abu Dhabi skyline. Look into the future by stopping at Masdar City, an Eco-friendly settlement in the middle of the desert that operates solely on solar energy, wind power, and other renewable sources. Even cars are not allowed within its territory and transport is through tiny electric pods that don’t require a driver.
Last but not the least, you will stop by Manarat Al Saadiyat, an island that boasts some of the world-famous museums to be opened in the near future. You will be surprised by the rich past, the colorful present and the glowing future of UAE’s second largest Emirate.
- Pick Up and Drop Off from any Hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Private Vehicle
- Professional English speaking Driver
- Professional Tour Guide
- Sightseeing at Women Handicraft center
- Explore Bedouin Past and Culture at Heritage Village
- Sightseeing Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, a modern sculpture that link both old and past of Abu Dhabi
- Relax at Corniche beach to enjoy the wind and skyline views
- Travel along Masdar City and get familiar to the eco-friendly city concept adopted in a desert land
- Witness the future of Abu Dhabi with upcoming Museums at Manarat Al Saadiyat Island
- Bottled of Water
- Personal Expenses
DepartureAny City Hotels, Malls or Private Residences in Abu Dhabi
Departure Time09:30 AM
Return Time06:00 PM
Dress CodeCasual Wear - Appropriate for Cultural Places
During the Tour
Women’s Handicraft Centre
- Observe women performing the traditional crafts in the many workshops
- Visit the on-site museum for a display of the crafts
- Observe the recreated settings of an oasis village, goats’ hair tent, etc
- Watch local craftsmen in action
- Get an idea of what Abu Dhabi looked like before oil was discovered
Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Admire the majestic architecture
- Look at the interior decorated with crystal chandeliers and precious stones
- Walk on the world’s largest loomed carpet
- Experience Emirati luxury at its peak
- Walk on the private beach of the Palace
- Admire the luxurious interior
Masdar City and Manarat Al Saadiyat
- Get an idea of what eco-friendly Abu Dhabi might look like in Masdar City
- Glance at the constructions for the upcoming Gugenheim and Louvre Abu Dhabi Museums